Sustainability And The Enviroment
Amot is committed to protecting the values of nature and the environment. Amot's corporate responsibility strives to implement the sustainability concept in the operation of our Company's properties and through the construction of new properties. In the environmental context of the sustainability concept, Amot emphasizes the educated use of depleted natural resources and energy saving in property systems, which leads to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. These goals are also achieved by striving to minimize and recycle waste, along with saving electricity, water and paper consumption in our Company's offices.
Amot’s real-estate development projects are planned as green buildings; green construction is smart construction, aiming to provide property residents a healthier quality of life and work environment, while minimizing environmental damage throughout the construction process.
Green construction deals with the integration of environmental aspects in the planning and execution of construction projects, which will be carried out to the extent possible using environmentally friendly materials.
"Green construction" is multidisciplinary and requires tight supervision and management of project planners and consultants by an expert consultant, overlooking climate analysis, energy saving, natural lighting, reduction of radiation, environmental conservation, air quality and acoustic insulation, while also encouraging the use of bicycles, environmentally friendly building materials and more.
As part of the design, the following subjects are reviewed:
• The optimal utilization of natural resources, such as soil and sunlight.
• Storage and use of rainwater, or alternatively, divert it into protected open spaces.
• Waste management - plan garbage rooms that enable the sorting of waste for recycling.
• Transportation - use of electric vehicles and/or bicycles near the property, allocate bicycle parking and wardrobes
• Gardening in planters detached from the ground to prevent the loss of irrigation water.
• The construction of energy and maintenance centers (air conditioning, electricity, charging stations for electric
vehicles, waste recycling, property control systems, separation and collection of greywater, and more.
• Use recyclable or recycled materials.
We believe that responsibility and commitment are both a key for the success of businesses. That's why we're proud to be part of a company that shows and encourage corporate responsibility. At the link below you can read our ESG report and to learn more about our Extensive activities that we promote in that field>>.
global warming and green construction: in the last decade the global public become more and more aware of one of the greatest challenges we have ever faced in human history.
To view an article on sustainable projects click here